So you have an image you created a few months back. In my case, I have a Windows 8.1 x64 image that was created on April 6, 2015. Obviously it needs a Patch Tuesday fix for April, May, and June to be compliant. There are a few methods that you can determine what is missing, and here are the easiest:
- Hey, Scripting Guy! How Can I Search For, Download, and Install an Update?
- VB Script to Check, Download, and Install Windows Updates from Microsoft
- Using WUA to Scan for Updates Offline
Ok, enough about that. Rather than download a script to do the work, you have one already.
- Deploy your WIM to a VM. Strongly recommended that it has Windows Updates turned off, and is not managed by SCCM.
- Map a Network Drive to your Deployment Share
- Open an Admin Command Prompt to your %DeploymentShare%\Scripts directory (probably Z:\Scripts)
- Run cscript ZTIWindowsUpdate.wsf /query
- Open C:\MININT\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS\ZTIWindowsUpdate.log in CMTrace
Now you have an excellent list of what is missing from your Image